ON TARGET believes that machine translation is best used for technical documents or documents presenting a high-level of repetitions, a catalog of auto parts for example. We could also employ it when a client’s budget is very limited and the translation requested is not strategically important. We call these documents “For comprehension only”. However, as a rule, we will never use it for marketing documents.
At all times, we do a full post-editing to generate a translation that it stylistically appropriate and linguistically correct. This type of editing often involves the same checks as the traditional translate-edit-proof (TEP) process. It includes checking attributes such as syntax, grammar, style, fluency, and terminology.
What can PNMT do for you?
-Lower your costs
1. The translator selects the language pairs needed and initiates the PNMT.
2. The Systran system returns the results in a few minutes and open-up the editing panel (see the image below) for the translator.
3. The translator or editor chooses the vocabulary and edits the phrase as needed.
4. Systran PNMT learns from the editor’s changes and modifies the rest of the text accordingly, storing the results in the translation memory.
5. Once the translator has reviewed the whole Systran output, he or she generates a document in the target language.
6. The translation is grammar checked.
7. The finalized translation is sent to the client.
Click here to see Systran’s own marketing brochure translated from French to English with PNMT.